Wednesday 31 October 2012

6.2 Develop a plan for improving own knowledge, understanding and skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT

One way I could try to improve my spelling is to make a note of the words I am unsure of and place these notes around the house i.e. on the fridge door so that I see them every day therefore helping them enter my long term memory. I have also created an account on luminosity a program online which gives you tasks designed to help improve your memory. Also another way I can improve on these sorts of tasks is to understand why I am being asked to do them therefore gaining an understanding of why I need to do certain things. To elaborate on this sometimes I am not sure why I am being asked to create certain resources for the children but once I see them being used I realise what I have prepared.

I can't always remember things I was told or shown if I don't act on them straight away although if I am able to write it down normally having prompts I can achieve what it is I am asked but I can't always do this. Another problem I have is that I lack confidence which is a difficult trait to have when I cant remember what I was told as I then struggle to to be assertive. Again I think the best way to get better at this is to have to make these decisions.


As for my ability in I.C.T one aspect I would like to improve on is being strict with myself and not drinking and eating when on my lap top not just for health and safety reasons but also because I have recently had to buy  a new laptop as I did not respect and use my old one sensibly. Another aspect of I.C.T I need to improve on is using the photocopier understanding how to enlarge, photocopy back to back, etc. I believe the best way to improve on this is to use the photocopier whenever possible so at college and at work either at the gym or at the school.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment